Why We Do What We Do In India
2,033 Unreached People Groups
1.2 Billion people living without Jesus Christ
Only 2.2% of the population are Christians
Located in the 10/40 Window
Jesus and His church are the Hope of India! This is why we plant churches. This is why we build schools. This is why we create Christ-centered media. This is why we choose to proclaim His fame in the face of persecution. This is why we deliberately preach the gospel. This is why we deliver a message of hope to the hopeless.
Christ desires the worship from the people in India and we believe he deserves their worship.
This is why we do what we do in India!
Numbers Tell the Story!
- In 1969, we witnessed our first baptism. As of 2014 more than 17,000 people have been baptized.
- In 1970 we planted our first church. As of 2014 we have planted more than 450 churches!
- We have planted churches in 67 Unreached People Groups since 1970.
- We have trained 486 Evangelist since 1976
- Our Evangelists serve in 156 villages, towns, and cities
The 10/40 Window
Hover over the numbers to learn more.
The 10/40 Window
The 10/40 Window is the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East and Asia approximately between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude. The 10/40 Window is often called “The Resistant Belt” and includes the majority of the world’s Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. The original 10/40 Window included only countries with at least 50% of their land mass within 10 and 40 degrees north latitude. The revised 10/40 Window includes several additional countries, such as Indonesia, that are close to 10 or 40 degrees north latitude and have high concentrations of unreached peoples.