Considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world, the Taj Mahal is an awe-inspiring structure that boasts both beauty and bronze.
Here are some facts you may not know:
1. It took 22 years to build the Taj- from 1632 to 1654.
2. The building cost was 32 million ruppees- the equivalent of 1 billion US dollars today.
3. Over 28 types of precious gems imported from several countries were used in the construction.
4. During the 22 years of construction, an estimated 20,000 workers contributed to the project.
5. Each year, around 3 million people visit the Taj Mahal.
We can learn a valuable lesson from the builders of the Taj- because thousands of people gave their commitment and hard work centuries ago, we are able to enjoy the fruits of their labor. But, despite its grandeur and international fame, the Taj is still an earthly monument that will soon perish.
Donor, you have the opportunity to give your commitment and resources to something of even greater and lasting value: expanding the kingdom of Christ. Serving those who are hurting. Loving those who are hopeless. Illuminating the lives of the broken in India with the gospel of Christ.
If you’d like to make donation of any amount today, please click the link below. Remember, even $5 dollars make a difference.